This recorded activity is a based on a live program that was offered on October 15, 2016 in Burlington, MA.
- Knowledge Based
American Health Resources is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education
Requirements for CE Credit
- Complete the pre-test
- Review the content of this activity
- Successfully complete the post-test with a score of 80% or higher
- Complete the activity evaluation
- Review developments and trends in opioid prescribing that have led to greater scrutiny of the routine use of opioids for pain management.
- Outline legislative actions taken to curtail the “opioid crisis” in Massachusetts and other New England States.
- Explore the impact upon patients, prescribers, and pharmacists given the legislative developments, with focus upon oncology and palliative care settings.
- Recommend tools for pharmacists and other health care professionals for identifying oncology and palliative care patients at risk of opioid misuse and patient management strategies.
Bridget Scullion, , PharmD, BCOP
Brief Bio : Director of Clinical Pharmacy Services, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The CE Activity developed by American Health Resources Inc