- Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Registered Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
This CE activity was developed by The Rx Consultant, a publication of Continuing Education Network, Inc.
CE activities for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians:
This continuing education (CE) activity meets the requirements of all state boards of pharmacy for approved continuing education hours. CE credit is automatically reported to CPE Monitor.
CE activities for Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists:
This continuing education activity meets the requirements of:
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for formally approved continuing education (CE) hours, and CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) for acceptable, accredited CE.
This is a pharmacotherapeutics/pharmacology CE activity.
Continuing Education Network, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
- Educate patients with non-valvular AF about stroke prevention. Discuss the signs of a DVT and its treatment.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of DOACs compared with warfarin. Recognize the FDA-approved indications for different DOACs.
- List DOAC side effects, dosing regimens, and drug interactions. Discuss their use in patients with kidney impairment.
- Discuss bleeding management and the use of DOAC reversal agents. Counsel patients about the signs of bleeding linked to anticoagulation.
Kristen Tasca, PharmD, BCPS
Brief Bio : Kristen Tasca, PharmD, BCPS is a Clinical Pharmacist at CedarsSinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA. She assists with the hospital anticoagulation program. Dr. Tasca has also served as a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist in the Cardiology department at University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC
Disclosure : Dr. Tasca reports no financial relationship with the manufacturer(s) or provider(s) of any commercial product(s) or service(s) that appear in this issue.
Release Date: Nov 23, 2018
Credit Expiration Date: Nov 23, 2021
The CE Activity developed by The Rx Consultant